<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 16, 2024

This just in from my state rep:

HB 1133 | Confronting the Use of Deep Fakes and Other Fabricated Media (similar to my filed legislation) 

 With the rise of AI-generated content, HB 1133 seeks to protect citizens from digitally-altered, intentionally deceptive images of elected officials or candidates. Under the bill, if an advertisement uses digitally-altered media and doesn’t have a disclaimer indicating that it is - in fact - fake, the candidate can seek injunctive relief.

My thoughts:

Dear Representative Johnson:

I am writing with regard to HB 1133, which I think you cosponsored.

I am requesting an amendment to HB33, or any similar bill, to repeal the current unconstitutional disclaimer regulation.

IC 3-9-3-2.5 is overbroad given cases such as 303 LLC, as to the First Amendment, and Price v Indiana, as to the state constitution.

The current bill is more narrowly tailored. 

If there has been any legislative research agency study of the constitutionality of proposed HB1133, or similar commentary from the public comment process, I would appreciate your office sharing that with me. By the way, I am again a candidate for center township advisory board, so we may bump into each other at campaign events. 

Thank you for your support of the lemonade stand bill. I will write separately on that topic later. 

Cordially, Robbin Stewart.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?