<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 15, 2016

because the wrong lizard might win

[–]hitrecordjoe_ [+1][S] 2467 points  joseph gordon-levitt
I disagree with Hillary on a lot of things. My support for her is exactly what it looks like: a vote for the lesser of two evils. But here's some context. The first year I was old enough to vote was 2000. That was Bush vs. Gore. I didn't see the two candidates as very different from each other. And I didn't want to choose between the lesser of two evils. I voted for the Green Party's Ralph Nader. Bush won. Over the next eight years, he and his administration started a disastrous illegal war and landed the economy in the worst place it'd been since the Great Depression. I'm not saying Al Gore would have been perfect, by any means. But I do think he would have been much, much better than Bush. Same goes for Clinton and Trump. I know I won't agree with a lot of what she does if she wins. But I also think we'll be way better off than if Trump wins. I'm all for reforming our political system. I think there should be third and even fourth and fifth parties. But I'm not sure the presidential election is the most effective place to push in that direction.

WASHINGTON — Hillary Clinton and her Democratic allies, unnerved by the tightening presidential race, are making a major push to dissuade disaffected voters from backing third-party candidates, and pouring more energy into Rust Belt states, where Donald J. Trump is gaining ground.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?