<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, May 16, 2016

A newspaper article from South Bend Indiana cites one of my cases, the 7th circuit part of Stewart v. Taylor, where the court said only one of my nominations counted.
http://www.southbendtribune.com/news/politics/st-joseph-county-candidate-nominated-by-two-parties-for-one/article_6072cc55-94b7-5db7-bc1f-5cd225364cd5.html#facebook-comments
In Taylor, I was trying to get the court to issue an injunction based on the idea that Timmons v New Party was currently before the Supreme Court. I didn't succeed in getting my lawyer to understand and argue that point. Even today I don't know if my legal theory was good or not.
The 7th circuit treated the case as a ruling on the merits rather than just a request for preliminary injunction, and ruled against me, and then the Supreme Court squashed New Party like a bug in a really hostile opinion. Stewart v Taylor did end up winning on a separate issue about political signs.
The plaintiff here is pro se and I have little hope of him prevailing. His best argument is the state constitution's free and equal elections clause, but he probably won't even cite to it.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?