<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

http://www.greensboro.com/news/local_news/expert-at-voter-id-trial-blacks-are-twice-as-likely/article_00d6740f-d5c9-578b-937c-c00e052b502d.html

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jan/27/naacp-president-testifies-at-trial-on-voter-id-law/



William Barber, a guy i've met and like, took the stand at the North Carolina voter ID trial.
It's an uphill battle after the opinion on denial of preliminary injunction, but Barber has a pretty good track record. He's originally from Indianapolis and came here to form a branch of his Moral Mondays group, which I am part of, but the Indiana group has been pretty mild so far, no arrests, no lawsuits.
At one point I tried to gather enough support to do an amicus in the North Carolina case, but the others backed out and I did not follow through myself. My writing block gets in the way. I have a half-written brief somewhere in my files. Today I'm working on another half-written brief, in a Mississippi case. I need to write to Barber to see if he can find a lawyer for an Indiana voter ID case where I have the plaintiffs but no lawyer. I'm well aware I'm not competent to do it myself.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?