<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 04, 2011

TN state senator Ketron has written this editorial in favor of voter ID.

It starts off with two and a half lies.
Tennesseans are required to show photo identification for everything from making a purchase at the mall or boarding a plane to cashing a check, and we do it without complaint.

At the mall, I can pay cash. At the airport, I have a right to fly with no ID, unless I'm the pilot. At the bank, it is up to the bank whether or not to require ID. They usually don't when I know the teller. Without complaint? Perhaps Senator Ketron hasn't met my ex-wife.

Voter ID is useful, if the GOP wants to position itself as the friend of red tape, solving problems by throwing taxpayers' money at them, and harassing the little guy.
I thought that was Obama's gig.

The Tennessee version of the bill allows for absentee balloting as an option, so it would probably be upheld in court like in Michigan. By expanding absentee balloting, this bill makes election fraud easier, while making voting more of a hassle for honest voters.

He identifies two kinds of voter fraud that voter ID isn't needed to fix, voting by felons and voting in multiple states.

He concludes with another lie: "It only takes one illegal vote to negate your vote!" When I recently voted, there were 20 categories to vote in. Some were yes/no options, or only listed two candidates, but others were multiple choice. The changes of someone exactly negating my ballot are about as good as winning the lottery.

DNJ.com's web site isn't letting me leave a comment, so this is that comment.
cc:sen.bill.ketron@capitol.tn.gov

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?