<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Puzzlebloggers take note:
Ann Althouse points to the favorite word site. The first entry is
Words beginning with "A"
Abstemiously.

I earned extra credit once in grade school (oh so long ago) for digging this word out of the dictionary. It is one of the few (I forget how few) English words that contains all of the vowels in alphabetical order. I've been fond of it ever since.

Kevin

another good one:
Bisy Bakson.

My favorite word is from Winnie-the-Pooh.
Bisy bakson was written on a note to explain to the gang in the Hundred Acre Wood that he was busy and would be back soon....
It is particularly fun in conjunction with absquatulate, as in "I shall now absquatulate without further cunctation."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?