<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 20, 2016

“Ladies and gentlemen, I want to make a major announcement today: I would like to promise and pledge to all of my voters and supporters, and to all of the people of the United States, that I will totally accept the results of this great and historic presidential election — if I win,” Trump said, as the crowd cheered.

I heard this quote on npr while driving to a pitch-in tonight. He has nice delivery.
I am continuing to enjoy Trump's plain talk method of campaigning. I did not catch the debate last night but have seen some excerpts. It has the suits all in a twitter, pretending that he's called for armed revolution or something like that, which is plainly not what's he said. I like a good joke candidate,and he's taken it further than we expected him to in some respects. Of course I also expected that if nominated he would spent the billion of his own funds that it takes to win, and he hasn't. He's essentially conceded recognizing that he's an also-ran. I've done the same thing in my own races; only spending token amounts once the polling shows me I can't win. He didn't spend the money to build or rent a ground game to match Clinton's. It's unclear what his long term plans are. Possibly he wants to be a shadow president, leading an opposition faction. He's a bit old to be just running to build support for a future race. 

If my county is typical, enough people have early voted that he's already lost, but we won't know that till later.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?