<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 28, 2015

http://www.fayobserver.com/opinion/local_columns/troy-williams-talking-politics-at-zeke-s/article_c60a4274-9245-53b1-ae2f-7af898afe181.html

good column on voter ID. wrong, but good.

Hi Troy. Well written column on voter ID. I linked to it from my blog, http://ballots.blogspot.com, which almost no one reads.

A few quibbles:

I'm confused by the Democrats' strategy, since the Supreme Court has already ruled that requiring an ID to vote is constitutional. North Carolina Democrats are fighting voter ID fiercely, in spite of its constitutionality already decided in other states. I think making sure everyone who wants to vote has an ID would be the better approach. But what do I know

The Supreme Court has not ruled that voter ID is constitutional. There were 3 votes for that, and 3 against, but the deciding 3 votes ruled that plaintiffs had filed the wrong kind of lawsuit for what they were trying to do.

As far as other states, some states, like missouri, found that voter ID violates the state constitution. Other states, like Texas, ruled voter ID violates the voting right act, so I'm not sure they ruled on the constitutional issues. 

I'm a Republican, and I won't show a voter ID because it violates the 24th and 4th Amendment - if they want to got through my pockets they can get a warrant.

I paid $20 for that ID, so they can't use it for voting purposes, because to do so would be a tax.

Cordially, Robbin Stewart.

Troy Williams

6:36 PM (2 hours ago)
to me
We agree to disagree, however, thanks for the feedback...


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?